Lots of things to cover, so I'll jump right in:
I caved like a cheap canvas tent on this one. It was all Santa, all the time at our house until, like, yesterday, when I told the Moosh that Santa is now firmly esconced in his ice palace in the North Pole, and no, we can't visit.
Honestly he buys into Santa so deeply that even if I did tell him that I am Santa, I don't think he'd believe me, so I decided just to go with the flow.
New Year's Resolutions
I tried to make these attainable this year, because I usually fail miserably at them. So, without further adieu:
- Extend the Moosh's school day to 7-7.5 hours, thereby allowing me to get more beauty rest.
- Treat school like school and not daycare... no more skipping even if I happen to be off that day.
- No more picking the Moosh up early on Fridays as a matter of course... I need downtime, and I am paying for it anyway.
- Try to get in a massage/hair cut/eyebrow wax/pedicure once a month (picking one, not all of them!). If I go to the beauty school it is not at all expensive and I need to pay more attention to myself.
- More exercise! My T-Tapp schedule got thrown out last July and I need to at least do BWO+ 3x a week. That's 45 minutes. Surely I can come up with 45 minutes a week!
That's it, boring, I know.
R didn't pay me last month causing me to swear loudly, and go on strike, so I was secretly hoping that he would continue not paying me so that I could blithely ignore the looming tax season. But no. There was a shiny, shiny check sitting on the desk for me this morning, so I need to prepare to send out W-2s and finish
cooking the books balancing the accounts so that our accountant can file our tax return ASAP. Even though I upped my withholdings considerably last year I am due a fairly sizeable return as long as the business didn't make any money (which, if it did, would only be about $500 - $1000 but it still screws things up because we have to pay mega taxes on that money). I know for sure that one company lost money, not so sure about the other one. So we'll see.
Hope nobody got too drunk over New Years. I was at work, so no drinky for me.